[Advaita-l] Advaitic Foods

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 22:14:16 CST 2010

Dear Sri Bhaskar,

On Sri Krishna's 'kula': Being son of Devaki and Vasudeva, would there be a
doubt that He was kshatriya? Could He who upheld varNaaSrama dharma in the
Geeta become one of some other caste by being brought up as a gOpaala? Being
mathuraadheeSa and dwaarakaadheeSa, could be a SUdra? And by the way nanda
himself was kshatriya as per your own admission ("yaadava kula
vamSOdhbava...")

And then, mentioning that being a "rasika SikhaamaNi" he "must have enjoyed
non-veg menu *only*..." is nothing but blasphemy. I am really unable to
grasp that you being in this advaita forum, could understand only this much
about raasaleela! I hope you really didn't believe and mean what you
mentioned. Weather or not Sri Krishna took non-veg is much less important
than what your words express about His leela.

On this parva dina, please go through madhuraashTakam, gOvindaashTakam etc.
to understand the meaning of raasaleela.

Do you know what the peacock feather on His head symbolizes?
Do you know who was called by maharshi-s as "nityOpavaasi" and "sadaa
brahmachaari?"

-Syam

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> Today is Vaikuntha Ekadasi fast.  My suggestion to all is to avoid
> talking of food for one day and  continue this discussion tomorrow. It
> is a sin to eat on Ekadasi.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> First with regard to whether Lord  Krishna is a SUdra or not...frankly I
> thought since krishna was a gOpAla, he was SUdra by his vrutti :-))
> anyway, if we see that he is 'yAdavakula vaMshOdbhava' his kula is
> kshatriya....In either case, according to someone's observation, he was
> not having idli-chutni-sAmbaar, poori-saagu, dOsa-palya chutni for his
> breakfast & Udupi menu  for his lunch, being a 'rasika shikhAmaNi' he must
> have enjoyed  non-veg menu only :-))
>
> And with regard to vaikunTa ekAdashi, talking about the food is not
> 'eating' of the food...we talk lot about brahman but still we feel brahman
> is aloof from us, is it not:-)) Anyway, brahman is annaM & annAdaH as well
> ( ahamannam, ahamannAdaH says taitireeya), so prabhuji we cannot spare
> even a single day without talking about anna brahMa which is our own
> svarUpa :-))
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।

धन्योस्मि
- श्यामसुन्दरः
http://anantavaram.blogspot.com