[Advaita-l] Looking for Adi Shankara's works in Malayalam

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 11:52:03 CST 2010

I thank all the friends who responded by providing details:

1. There is a book in Malayalam named "Brihat Stotra Ratnakaram" published
by Devi Book Stall.
This book is a collection of hymns including almost all the stotras composed
by Sri Sankaracharya.
The address of the publishers is:
Devi Book Stall
Publishers & book sellers
Sringapuram
Kodungallur, Kerala 680664
Phone no. 0480-2802177

I spoke to them and they have these books:

1. Shankara stotra ...(containing ONLY Shankaracharya's compositions with
explanation) Rs. 130.
2. Stotra Ratnakaram (containing Shankaracharya's and others' compositions)
Rs. 150.

They do have the Brihat stotra ratnakaram too of R.S.Vadhyar company.

They can send the books by V.P.P method which is quite easy to receive the
packet and pay the postman for the books and postage.

2. A friend attached a file containing the addresses of Giri Trading Agency
branches in Tamil Nadu, Andhra and Karnataka. This is one organization which
stocks religious and scriptural texts in various languages (especially south
Indian). One may find some of the Malayalam books of your choice in these
centres.
In case anyone wants this attachment, I can send them on request.

I shared the above details so that this information is available in the
archives.

With warm regards,
subrahmanian.v