[Advaita-l] Temple Worship by Gurukkals/Sivacharyas

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 08:54:12 CST 2010

The family priests enjoy good status. Accoring to Manu the temple priests are not to be invited to the pitrikarma and that does not necessarily mean that they have a lower status.
However I understand that one should not live on the temple earnings and temple food. Can this imply a lower status of temple priest?
Regards,
Sunil K. Bhattacharjya