[Advaita-l] A perspective -20

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:14:01 CST 2010

Perhaps my earlier posting on Sivaanandhalahari dealing with this subject in
three parts may be of help.  Please read:

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-November/044792.html

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-November/044793.html

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-November/044794.html

Mithya and Vyavahaarika Sattha are one and the same.  They both denote
anything that is bound by the triad - Space, Time and Causality.  Mithya is
God's creation. Even though the human mind can know its emptiness it cannot
negate mithya.  The emptiness lies in the impermanence, its being lost in
time.

Prathibaasika sattha on the contrary is the creation of the human mind and
it can be negated by the very same human mind.  This too is equally empty.

Paramaarthika sattha is beyond the reach of the human mind and it is
unnegateable.  Yet the intellect can infer that this is the only Reality
that is FULL.  Advaitha teaches us that giving up the intellect enables one
to become one with this Reality.

Anbu