[Advaita-l] On the history of Bharathavarsha

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Jan 17 12:33:47 CST 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Anbu sivam2 wrote:

> You can ignore Dr.Subramanian Swamy's  contribution but I cannot
> ignore that your effort to pit one Matam against another has only
> contributed to you being used by the same athiest, anti-Hindu, anti-Brahmin
> hoards to denigrate our ancient dharma and its institutions and the Gurus.
> I came across how it is used by a Brahmin baiting gentleman by name Arul
> Tilak in the following url.

> Is this a worthy purushaartha on your part?

I just want to address this bit.  First of all, let's be clear that
Vidyashankar's effort is not "to pit one Matam against another" but to
understand the truth about Indian history and you should be ashamed to say
such a thing.  It is true that unscrupulous people do twist legitimate
research for their own agendas.  Does that mean we should the same?  On
the contrary such people should be encouraged to use these sources as much
as possible.  Have you heard the proverb "sunlight is the best
disinfectant"?  Marxism is defunct in the West because its false claims
about history ultimately couldn't stand scrutiny.  The so-called
"Dravidianism" is just a relabled brand of Marxism based on the same bogus
theories of history.  If forced to play by the rules of rational
historical inquiry it collapses like a house of cards.  Sanatana Dharma
will not because even if you don't accept it on faith, its existence is an
undeniable historical truth.  But when astikas try and play the same game
of historical one-upmanship as their opponents they do not help their
cause but instead deprive themselves of one of their biggest weapons.

I've also had a run in with this person Arul Tilak in the past in another
forum.  I pointed out that for someone who who is anti-brahmana he is
awfully reliant on the thoughts of Brahmanas and he shut up completely!

Let me close by once again emphasizing that whatever I may think about the
events of the past, it in no way lessens my regards for what Kanchi and
its acharyas are doing _right_now_ for the cause of dharma.