[Advaita-l] On the history of Bharathavarsha

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 23:03:03 CST 2010

Namaste,

Please consider this:

The end of ice age caused the mean sea level to rise by over 100 meters ! Imagine what this would mean
to monsoon all over the world !! (To get a faint idea of this: the current global warming related sea level rise
is negligible compared to 100 meters, YET the monsoon is seeing its effect - the south west monsoon of
2009 was one of the most erratic that I have seen ). It really does not matter if glaciers reached India or not.
It is a fact that much of Europe and north america and north asia was glaciated.

Regards,
Shrini

As an aside: Those who have some understanding of the theory and application of upAsanA/ vidyA, should
devote some of their energy in trying to minimize the effect of global warming on monsoon - before it is
too late. Drops upAsanA from many devotees can form a pool which the "Protector of this universe" can use
for our benefit. hari om.

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.

If my info is correct,  glaciation, its time frame and extent in terms of
areas are to a great deal a geological speculation and in any case it, the
glaciation, remained closer to the poles and those protogonists never said
it extended to Bharathavarsha.  So are we trying to valuate one speculation
with another?!