[Advaita-l] Bh.Gita verse 18.73 - Was Arjuna an 'aparoksha Jnani'? - Part 4

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 23:02:13 CDT 2010

This is from my side. The crocodile catching Adi Sankara and leaving
when the mother promised he will become sanyasi. this is very
important for Smarthas.  Moksha is got after sanyasa only. not from
Gruhastha and other stages directly.

Gajendra elephant also got moksha. The crocodile caught him. Vishnu
killed it when family members left Gajendra.  The crocodile is like
attachments. It should leave. Moksha is the result.

The great King Bharatha story is very important. He had only one
attachment to a deer. He did not get Moksha. He was born in brahmin
family in the next birth. He was Jada bharatha. He got moksha.

Regards

-Venkatesh