[Advaita-l] Bh.Gita verse 18.73 - Was Arjuna an 'aparoksha Jnani'? - Part 4

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 07:06:54 CDT 2010

Dear Jaldharji,

Yes the sanctity of the version with the 700 time-honoured verses remain intact. Yes, some of  the academicians alone may be interested in the rare verses. For example here is another rare verse , which when trtanslated, would read as follows:

"Just as the Sun consumes all types of essences and the fire is omnivorous so also the yogi enjoys all the sense objects but being pure he is not involved either in meritorious or in sinful actions."

The action of a yogi may appear to be improper in the eyes of the common man, yet his action may not be considered sinful. Suka was stark-naked yet his ways were acceptable.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya