[Advaita-l] The Human aspect of Jnanis - 5 (Concluded)

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 02:25:56 CDT 2010

Dear Sri Vidyasankar :

Thanks for your exposition. I am agreement with it. But to address my point
of confusion, I would like to address your question:

>> Wherein lies the problem then?

The problem is that we take the import of the Vivekachoodamani or
Sankaracharya Bhashyas for coming to grips with the ultimate reality
(however approximate that may be). But there are other Bhasyas & works, for
example the Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo or Suddha Advaita of
Vallabhacharya and many such. Each claims a Reality different from the
other, so much so that that they cannot be reconciled with each other.

Given this, if one believes (for legitimate reasons) that only his view is
correct, it indirectly means the author of the others would have to be taken
as fallible. If one says all views are correct, then Sankaracharya's
exposition is just a view, one among many. And then, oddly,  all the
different authors become, in some sense, fallible.  Truth is only expressed
through silence.

Thanks, Mahesh