[Advaita-l] Anya Devata

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 00:10:12 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had raised this question earlier but did not get an answer - hence
> raising again. I would like to know who is anya devata (BG 9.25)
> according to advaita tradition please. I know that some Vaishnavas
> hold the opinion that Sankara was a Vaishnava but he tradition got
> influenced over time.

It is mistake to see difference in Gods. God is One only. They call
one God as different Gods. Ekam Sat.

Some people say Siva puja is good for Brahmins. For Kshatriyas Vishnu
is good. He took birth as Kshtariya in avatars.  For Vaisyas Lakshmi
Devi is good. She gives wealth for business. For others Ganesha is
good. But  Brahmins and all others can do puja for all Gods including
Ganesha,Siva, Sakti, Vishnu and others. But ony dvijas can say Veda
mantras in puja. Others must say Purana mantras if they know it.

Regards

-Venkatesh