[Advaita-l] Anya Devata

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 07:29:02 CDT 2010

Dear friends,

I have not continued in this thread earlier, But this mail of Subramanianji is interesting. To me there is no greater Vaishnava than Adi Sankara. His first bhashya was on Vishusahasranaama, (Did he write any on Shivashranaama?) He wrote bhashya on the Bhagavad Gita and not on the Shivagita. He wrote BhajaGovindam and not  BhajaShivam. Like his Shivanandalahari he wrote the Krishnanandalahari, which of course is known by another name. I don't think there has been any acharya, who is greater Vaishnava than Adi Sankaracharjya. Similarly there is no greater Shaiva than Adi Sankaracharya. He saw Brahman in both Lord Shiva and Vishnu.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya