[Advaita-l] Bh.Gita verse 18.73 - Was Arjuna an 'aparoksha Jnani'? - Part 4

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 00:44:16 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Jaldhar H. Vyas
<jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Venkatesh Murthy wrote:
>
>> Namaste Sri Jaldhar Vyas
>>
>> Request you explain Adi Sankara's comments in BSB 3.4.20 -
>>
>> http://www.archive.org/stream/vedntasutrastr02bdar/vedntasutrastr02bdar_djvu.txt
>>
>> 'To these objections we
>> make the following reply. The term ' brahmasamstha '
>> denotes fulfilment in Brahman, a state of being grounded
>> in Brahman to the exclusion of all other activity. Now
>> such a state is impossible for persons belonging to the
>> three former asramas,
>
> It is simple.  Jnanotpatti is the beginning of the process, brahmasamstha is
> the end of the process.  As I previously wrote:
>
>>>  Now it is true that upon
>>> enlightennment he immediately abandoned worldly life.  Jnana and sannyasa
>>> are inextricably linked but sometimes the sequence is sannyasa -> jnana,
>>> other times it is jnana -> sannyasa.
>
> In other words wherever a jnani starts from, he will end up as a sannyasi.

I will not agree with a process of Jnana start in one asrama and end
in another asrama.

For argument let it be.

If Jnanotpatti is start and brahmasamstha is end it must surely be
moksha. Above statement from you is you agree moksha is in sanyasa
only. But non dvijas cannot be sanyasis in Sankara Matha. they cannot
get moksha in this life. I wrote this earlier also.

Regards

-Venkatesh