[Advaita-l] Bh.Gita verse 18.73 - Was Arjuna an 'aparoksha Jnani'? - Part 4

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat Jul 31 01:24:40 CDT 2010

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Venkatesh Murthy wrote:

> If Jnanotpatti is start and brahmasamstha is end it must surely be
> moksha. Above statement from you is you agree moksha is in sanyasa
> only.

It seems that by sannyasa we mean two different things.  I'm talking about
renunciation of all limited, material things.  You are talking about
kesari clothes, danda, kamandalu etc.

> But non dvijas cannot be sanyasis in Sankara Matha.

yet there is historical and contemporary evidence that they have done so
in the Dashanami tradition and with the permission of Mathadhipatis.  Even
if it were not so, anyone can give up material things.

> they cannot
> get moksha in this life. I wrote this earlier also.

If they can have jnana and vairagya, moksha is sure to follow.