[Advaita-l] Two types of Atma jnAni-s &their approachtoreallifesituation

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 08:58:56 CDT 2010

Pranams Dear Shri Chaitanya-prabhu,
I agree with you - what is action and what's inaction - even the wise are deluded in attempting to fathom says Krishna.
kim karma kim akarmeti kavayo 'py atra mohitah.
What is perhaps even more difficult to fathom is the "actions" of an actionless jnani.

The context of the current discussion, is with regards to observations (by ajnanis of course) of episodes of emotion - anger, desire, - in a mahapurusha or avatara, and how does one reconcile that with the Vedantic definition of a purusha who has attained the Supreme (prashantatma krtakrtyo bhavati).

The context with regards to a seeker, and the necessity for him or her to eschew in toto asuri sampat and embrace and be established in daivi sampat, and amanitvam etc., and how to, with effort and great zeal, graduate from tamas to rajas to sattva in action, word, and thought is a different one altogether.

Hope the difference is clear.
Humble pranams,
Hari OM
Shyam