[Advaita-l] Veda VyAsa visits Shankaracharya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 05:43:33 CDT 2010

http://anandamala.org/pages/AboutShriBannanje.jspf

// Another notable contribution of his is to the Indian and Kannada film
industries. He served as the consultant expert for G V Iyer's movies on Shri
Adi Shankaracharya, Shri Madhwacharya, Shri Ramanujacharya and the Bhagawad
Geeta (A Sankrit Movie). For the movie on Shri Adi Shankaracharya and Shri
Madhwacharya he also doubled as the script and dialogues writer.//

http://parallelcinema.blogspot.com/2006/10/adi-shankaracharya-sanskrit-1983.html

Dialogue
Benanjaya Godvincharya

Screenplay
G.V. Iyer

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Raghavendra Hebbalalu <
hs_raghavendra at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nitpick: The dialogue for the movie was "translated" by MM. vidvAn shrI
> ranganAtha-sharmANaH - vaiyAkaraNa-mUrdhanya and a staunch advaitin.
>
> shrI-bannanje "scrutinized" and "re-wrote" it. I am not sure what that
> means.
>

> Namaste.

Upon verifying with a person known to me who had an active role in the movie
I understand that both Vidvan Sri Ranganatha Sharma and Dr. Bannanje
Govindacharya had contributed to the writing of the dialogues. 'G.V.Iyer
used to sit before them for hours on end'.

Here are some other references:

http://anandamala.org/pages/AboutShriBannanje.jspf

// Another notable contribution of his is to the Indian and Kannada film
industries. He served as the consultant expert for G V Iyer's movies on Shri
Adi Shankaracharya, Shri Madhwacharya, Shri Ramanujacharya and the Bhagawad
Geeta (A Sankrit Movie). For the movie on Shri Adi Shankaracharya and Shri
Madhwacharya he also doubled as the script and dialogues writer.//

http://parallelcinema.blogspot.com/2006/10/adi-shankaracharya-sanskrit-1983.html

Dialogue
Bannanje Govindacharya

Regards,