[Advaita-l] Bhagavan Ramana and the pain of cancer

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Mar 18 01:39:20 CDT 2010

// The great ones have demonstrated in their lives as to how one can
completely delink oneself from one"s own body and remain unaffected by its
changes or sufferings. *Ramana*"s body went through intense *pain*, caused
by sarcoma, for over fifteen months. Not one moment did he complain of it
though the *pain* must have been excruciating. When asked by Major
Chadwick
whether he was suffering, *Ramana* said 'No". But at the same time, he
said
'There is *pain*" – the *pain* pertained to the body and not to him. Hence
His bewitching smile and divine splendour, even on the 14th April 1950
when
he chose to give up his body which had been racked with intense *pain*.//

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, this clearly shows jnAni does not suffer due to the ailment of the
body...It is we, the ignorants who are still identifying ramaNa as a jnAni
with 6 feet tall body saying ramaNa is suffering...ramaNa as a jnAni, does
not have the restricted boundaries of body to say it is 'my' body
suffering...If you closely observe the above para, bhagavan is telling
body is paining he is not telling here I am fine but 'my' body is
suffereing...my body, my mind notions are ajnAna kruta, these notions
cannot trouble the jnAni because he is brahmavida & brahman himself.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar