[Advaita-l] On the forms of Guru

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Mar 18 02:31:37 CDT 2010

I felt it to be a technical discussion rather than objective enlightenment
as in my view the mind is not
only useless but the greatest impediment and a fetter.

praNAms Sri Anbusivam prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I dont think mind is an utter useless in brhmajignAsa.  A shama damAdi
susamskruta mana is Atma darshana karaNa (sAstrAchAryOpadesha shama damAdi
saMskrutaM manaH Atmadarshane karaNaM) says shankara in geeta bhAshya.
manasaivedamAptavyaM nena nAnAsti kiNchana so says shruti.. So, we cannot
push aside the utility of mana prior to self realization.  But this mana
would not be anymore 'individual' mana to the samyak darshi jnAni and for
him 'sarvaM' khalvidaM brahma...like kAtaka powder (example given by
shankara), mana losts its individuality in jnAni and he dissolves himself
in upAdhi rahita paripUrNa jnAna.  This does not man jnAni in his pre
realization period has the individual mind & in post realization period
this would vanish in thin air..His realization reveals him the fact that
he was/is/will be always THAT without any upAdhi saMbandha !!

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar