[Advaita-l] On the forms of Guru

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Mar 18 03:34:43 CDT 2010

I just intended to withdraw from further exchange personally. I didn't
mean to
convey a closure of the entire thread as a moderator decision at all. So
other
members of the list are quite welcome to continue this and other related
threads
of discussion to their logical ends. We haven't yet heard from Bhaskar, a
frequent
contributor on these kinds of topics.

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Actually, before writing in detail  on 'avidya lesha' I was thinking of
doing some homework...But due to severe time constraints I am not able to
do that sofar...At office, Ist quarter work is hectic, at home instead of
doing homework on 'jnAni's avidyA lesha, I have been doing school 'home
work' of my kids :-)) As usual, my wife too ever demanding & being a
gruhastha I cannot ignore her demands on week ends outings...and more
importantly IPL cricket matches!!  Kindly dont think I am unfolding my
'personal rAmAyaNa' before you..just I wanted to bring to your notice  how
difficult it is to prioritize vedAnta & related issues being a pure
saMsAri.

Yes,  a healthy discussion on tattva is a part of shrauta manana...but
here what we are seeing is vAde vAde jAyate 'vittanda' vAdaM...For
example, Sri Subbu prabhuji, in his over enthu, selectively quoted my
guruji's Kannada vAkya from sUtra bhAshya to show that even my guruji is
in favour of 'avidyA lesha'...But he deliberately avoided the foot note in
that same work where Sri SSS specifically mentioned that in the above
bhAshya vachana there is no scope for 'avidya lesha'...( in Kannada :
melena vAkyadalli 'avidya lesha' vaadavu illa vembudannu gamanisabeku).
Now you tell me prabhuji, how can I continue my discussion with a 'vAdi'
who wants (at any cost) to show me that I am wrong!!  If he is really
objective in his discussion, he would have definitely quoted the remarks
at foot note of my parama guruji's work to represent the correct stand of
my parama guruji.. is it not?? Anyway, I shall continue to do my exercise
with him if time permits prabhuji.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar