[Advaita-l] A help required regarding some Sanskrit words

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu May 6 00:38:53 CDT 2010

Namaste.

I thank all the members who provided valuable inputs to my enquiry.  My
original post was intended to find out if  'nirukta' could be grouped with
'anukta' and 'durukta'.  The considered opinion, as revealed by the
stated’, etc. and cannot therefore be grouped with 'anukta' and 'durukta'
which patently mean 'unsaid', 'ill-said', etc.

If by some stretch of imagination it is said निर्विचारं उक्तम् निरुक्तम्
(something said without enquiry), still it is no different from 'duruktam'
and only be punarukti.

In case of need I shall carry forward this thread off-list with interested
members.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v