[Advaita-l] Yogavashshista and Gaudapada karikas

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 11:41:40 CST 2010

Dear Srikantaji,

There are quite a few verses from Yogavasistha in the Bhagavad Gita too. The verse "Aadaavante ------------------lakshitaahh" appears in the Bhagavad Gita of 745 verses too.

You have missed the purpose of bringing in the Yogavashistha in the discussions regarding the importance of dhyaanayoga  in advaita. In the Mandukya (1.24-29) there is emphasis on Dhyana on OM.  Yogavashistha, an advaitic text, too values yoga and does does not discredit Yoga the way you are doing. The very name of Yogavashishtha has Yoga in it.

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya