[Advaita-l] Jnana-karma samuccaya.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 11:41:34 CST 2010

A true jnani is not obssessed by anything. He or she accepts anything with calmness and serenity. He  or she does not run away from anything. For example he or she will not hesitate to take a sweet-dish unless advised by his or her doctor not to take that. He or she will not hesitate to be intimate with spouse keeping in mind that Manu says that even a grihasthi can be a brahmachari. As long as he or she thinks that what is in him or her is in others all actions will be guided by that awareness and no action of that person can hamper that person's spiritual progress. Just having jnana through reading scriptures and thus becoming jnani is like being a learned person. A true jnani  has to imbibe that jnna in himself or herself and be a prajna and then stay steady in that Prajna state or be a Sthiraprajna. His actions will show that he is a jnani and not what he says alone.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

--- On Tue, 11/23/10, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote