[Advaita-l] Does Brahman Know?

Ananth Padmanabhan padmanabhan_ananth at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 28 13:37:24 CST 2010

vAgarTHAviva samprkthau vAgarTHaprathipaththayE /  jagathaha pitharau vandhE pArvathIparamEshvarau -

 वागर्थाविव सम्पृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तयॆ /  जगत: पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमॆश्वरौ]

As many know, This is the first verse of Kalidasa's epic poem, Raghuvamsham.

When Kalidasa attained Jnanam from Devi, one of the 3 words Devi mentioned is vAk that he used to start his Raguvamsam (with the other two, he started Megadhootham and KumArasambhavam).
The substantive realities of everything, apart from being known individually as vAk and artha, also are inclusive in the Absolute Brahman, which is intrinsic of everything.
 I may be  'Iddlisubban' to some, Padmanabhan to some others, husband to my wife, son to my mom, father to my children etc depending on the beholder but to an end-state-mumukshu or beholder, this is 'THAT BRAHMAN'. When bahirmuham disappears and only antharmuham is seen, when the light that lits the room alone is seen and not the objects it lights or the senses that see, this is when iddli,flour,the ingredients that became flour all get negated (nethi) one by one until the Ultimate Brahman is realised. This process of elimination and deduction goes on until it stops at the final destination; mumukshus' sadhana has to go thru the stages of being iddlisubban, subban, none and Brahman; some may skip some stages depending on merit, abhyasam and GRACE. Some may keep failing in '101-Sadhana for Mumukshus' and some may need 'Moksha Sadhana for Dummies'. Some smart-cookies may jump from being Iddlisubban straight to being a 'realized nameless! Brahma Subban'.

There is nothing sacred or not-sacred in the realm of the Underlying reality. Sri Rudram glorifies Brahman in everything and engages us to see that 'Brahman' in all.

with pranaams to all mumukshus