[Advaita-l] Themyth of strict old days.

Umashankar V urshankar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 01:57:41 CDT 2010

Sri Sadananda ji,

You hit the nail on the head sir!

I was only trying to bring out the fact that one potantially gets distracted
over the trivialities and nitty gritties of 'essentials'.  This itself
becomes a pitfall and hooks the mind on to unnecessary pursuits than simple
straight bhakti and natural sontaneous state of chitta shuddhi.

Your words -*  "** In essence the problem is lack of chitta suddhi required
for knowledge. All other qualifications required or assumed or imposed are
all to have this chitta suddhi. They do not guarantee the chitta suddhi
although they help to acquire those with the grace of teacher and the Lord."
*

Yes, if at all one can say there is a criteria, it IS Chitta Shuddhi.

Also, one with Chitta Shuddhi is so spontaneously in a natural soulful state
that such a person is almost a mukta.

Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi in his Upadesa Saram says:

*"Ishwaraarpitam Nechhayaakrtam *
*Chitta Shodhakam Mukti Saadakam"*

Chitta Shuddhi leads to Mukti... no doubt.  It is upto us to call that as *
the* state closer to mukti or the state which upon one's (so-called)
attainment, leads to mukti.

The word "qualification" I feel is too strong as its upto The Lord to give
by His Grace, even the state of Chitta Shuddhi to his devotee. No individual
upon his own effort ALONE can get this.

Again I am quoting Bhagavn Sri Ramana here:

*"Kartruraagnyaya Praapyate phalam*
*Karma Kim Param, Karma Thath Jadam"*

One should have the humility despite the right action and following of
shastras and schools of tradition, they have their due place and deserve all
the respect they command and have to be taken seriously, while it is MOST
important not to forget that it is His Grace that can give any 'phala'
whatsoever..

Sri Gurubhyo Namaha!

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM, kuntimaddi sadananda <
kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Criteria and qualification is there in general but nothing
> > , NOTHING , can
> > replace or override tru and genuine shraddha and bhakti for
> > The Guru and The
> > Lord. Realization comes by Grace , qualifications are just
> > there...
>

> PraNAms to all:
>
> Looks like we are zeroing on the topic. This answers the rhetorical
> question that Shree Vidyaji asked- Why do we go on discussing on
> trivialities missing the essentials. Personally, this is nothing to being an
> Indian or non-Indian, although the hang-ups for each are different. In
> essence the problem is lack of chitta suddhi required for knowledge. All
> other qualifications required or assumed or imposed are all to have this
> chitta suddhi. They do not guarantee the chitta suddhi although they help to
> acquire those with the grace of teacher and the Lord. We need to distinguish
> between those qualifications that are required vs those that are helpful in
> acquiring the required. Confusion arises in mixing these two, with
> fanaticism stepping in if there is a lack of the understanding of the
> essentials vs helpful ones. This explains the extensive focus on the
> trivialities rather than on essentials. This is not unnatural since it
> points out to the intrinsic human
>  problem.
>
> The truth is beyond all these qualifications.
>
> jaati neeti kula gotra duuragam
> naama ruupa guNa dosha varjitam
> desha kaala vishayaati vartiyat
> brahma tatvam asi bhaavayaatmani||