[Advaita-l] Source of Ganesha shloka

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 22:31:28 CDT 2010

 Hari OM,

चलत्कर्णानिलोद्धूतसिन्दूरारूणिताम्बर: | जयत्यकालेSपि सृजन्सन्ध्यामिव गजानन:

calatkarNAniloddhUtasindUrArUNitAmbaraH | jayatyakAle'pi sRRijansandhyAmiva
gajAnanaH ||

Victory belongs to Lord Gajanana, as the wind of His ears blows reddish
sindUra powder from
His body, reddening the sky and making twilight at the wrong time of the
day.

I came across this beautiful shloka in the book "A Rapid Sanskrit Method" by
George L. Hart.
For some reason, it makes me very happy every time I think of it. :) I've
been unable to find
the source of the shloka. Does anyone know where is it from?

Happy Ganesha chaturthi.

praNAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */