[Advaita-l] pUrvajas' karma / pApa & our burden

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 14:05:50 CDT 2010

Dear Bhaskarji,

The only way one can repay the pitri-rhina is by begetting children and looking after them and not merely by performing Shraaddha. Shraaddha is not an act of worship of the ancestors but is an act by which we express our gratitude to our ancestors for making it possible for us to have this birth. Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita that one should worship the Lord alone. Only those people with demoniac character worship the Bhootas (the spirits of the dead ones) and they go to the Bhoota-yoni after death. Your comment is welcome.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya