[Advaita-l] Some basic questions on self realisation

vijaya1.kambhampati at tiscali.co.uk vijaya1.kambhampati at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 14:45:33 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am writing as I have been reading Swami Chinmayananda's explanation
of Vivekachoodamani.

I have a few questions::

1)Could you please tell me whether it is possible for a person to
attain self realisation whilst living as a professional person in the
phenomenal world or is it necessary to exclude onself in the himalayas
or some other wilderness????

2)Self realisation should be possible if one acts in the world without
ego but on their higher intelligence for the betterment of all. Am I
correct??

3) Is it possible for a person to be self realised and not know it???

4)I have heard it said many times that there are very few people who
are self realised but it seems to me that out of the six billion world
population there must be quite a few who act in the world without ego
other wise there would be wars everyday. It also seems strange that god
would make something as evolutionarily necessary as self realisation so
rare that very few people attain it. Could you please comment on this.

Best Wishes,
Vijaya.