[Advaita-l] madhyagam as a verb

Br. Pranipata Chaitanya pranipata at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 06:08:30 CDT 2011

> We do have the equivalent of verbs derived from nouns (as in Googling, to
> search for something on the internet, derived from the name of the firm
> Google Inc., which provides this service)...

Hari Om! Pranaams!

and the famous advertisement of recent times,

'xerox is a noun, not a verb', please say 'photocopy it' and not 'xerox it'.

On a lighter side, madyagAm looks like pointing to a child sitting in
between the newly weds in the marriage album, whereas madyamAm as referring
to the 'man of the match' placed anywhere in the team group photo.

If interpreted, the person referred as madyamAm means that person is
superior to both at beginning and end. madyagAm could mean the person
referred is equally related or the entire line is related only thro him to
the one who refers. (utkarShAt, ubhaya-bhAktatvAt ..mANdUkya bAShya)

Except at the hands of interpreter, both the words convey the same meaning.

In Shri Guru Smriti,
Br. Pranipata Chaitanya