[Advaita-l] Chitrahuti (fwd)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 5 06:39:15 CDT 2011

This 'chitrAhuti' paddhati is followed in the Kannada Brahmin community,
both smarthas and madhvas too as I recently noticed.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I've seen this in Iyangar's house as well (ofcourse Kannada speaking
Iyangar's :-))  and sanketi brAhmins too would offer this chitrAhuti as
part of bhOjana vidhi.  In R^igveda prayOga deepika (nrusimha pArijAta)
this ritual is mentioned.   But I donot know whether this practice has any
 'shAstrAdhAra'.  Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji  may throw some light on this.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar