[Advaita-l] Srimath Hariharapura

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 01:29:40 CDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Venkata sriram P
<venkatasriramp at yahoo.in>wrote:

> Namaste Krunal,
>
> //
>
> I have however never heard of
> this Shankaracharya or peetham. Can someone please enlighten me.
>
> //
>
> Great wars have been waged by the parties of 2 mutts and there are some
> culprits behind this.  Let us not dig out those issues.
>
> The most pitiest aspect among the advaitins is that they talk of "adhyAsa
> bhAshya",
> "jagat mithyAvAda", "rajju-sarpa bhrAnti" etc., but "strongly cling" to
> "vyavahArika
> satya" so much so that even dvaitins don't hanker after these.
>

> regs,
> Sriram

For a glimpse of the sectarian differences within the Madhva community read
these threads:

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/hinduism-forum/27152-madhwa-mutts.html

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/hare-krishna-forum/502865-issues-facing-madhva-community-india.html

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/hare-krishna-forum/502144-some-details-needed.html

Here is a quote from another discussion group:

 You said below,"I understand and agree with you that "Dharmacharane" is
diluted these days. If the precedence is set it now, there is an
apprehension that it might get diluted further".

 *Can there is any more dilution and MOCKERY of Dharmacharane *, when during
*SriPadmanabha Teerth Aaraadhane *(Madhyaaradhane) , *first Uttaraadhi Mutt
Swamiji perfoms all alankara & pooja etc * and vacates the place by 3-00pm
(has to vacate).

Then after 3-00pm, *SRS Mutt's Ubhaya Swamijis perfoms all alankara & pooja
to the same Moola Brindavan.... and Bhikshe for Yathis after 6-00 / 7-00pm.
HIGHLY SHAMEFUL  to all Madhwas !!! *

 *Why dont all Madhwas join & take any concrete, serious steps to find a
amicable solution to this MOCKERY / 'INSULT' that SriPadmanabha Teertharu
has to undergo, YEAR AFTER YEAR.*

 IT IS MUTUAL MIS-TRUST AND SCANT RESPECT FOR OTHER MUTTS & their Shishyas,
THE ROOT-CAUSE OF ALL THE EVILS THAT HAS PERCOLATED AMONGST ALL MADHWA
BANDHUS. *Its time to introspect. *

Rgds / Vitthal.

I have no intention to dig up such material from Srivaishnava mutts too.  It
is well known for several decades that in Kanchipuram the Vadagalai and
Thengalai sects have fought with each other on all sorts of issues and even
what type of naamam ( 'y' or 'u') to be applied on the Temple elephant!! The
case has gone to courts and perhaps is still in the Supreme court.

Just less than six months ago a similar row has started in the Melkote
Temple.  The above two sects are fighting over several issues concerned with
the nAmam on the main deity's forehead and the Temple gopuram and elephant,
perhaps.  Even this case has gone to the court.

As all seekers, from all sects, agree it is the individual who has to strive
for his own upliftment.  Any organization where humans are involved will
have issues that flare up and assume dreadful proportions and fights and
court cases are the outcomes.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v