[Advaita-l] nAstika mata (bauddha mata) khaNDana in rAmAyaNa

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:27:57 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 16:14, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> such a person is compared with thief “yathaa hi choraH sa tathaa hi
> buddha” who deserves to be punished.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Being a (mediocre) follower of vaidika dharma, I do agree bauddha matha is
> a nAstika mata and has to be a discarded philosophy.  But I dont think
> they are deserved to be called thieves and need punishment !!

Why they are called thieves ?

see what TIkAs say:-

1. tilaka-TIkA:-
vedaprAmANyApahartR^itvena teShAmapi choratvat.

2. bhUShaNa-TIkA:-
yathA hi choraH prajAnAm bAhyam dhanamapaharati, tathA
kevalabuddhivAdaratopi janAnAmuttamasaMskArAdirUpamAnatar. dhanamapaharati.

Why they need to be punished ?

because they are thieves. Is anything wrong in punishing those who pollute
society and character ? Also, punishment is given by rAjA. For brAhmins,
etc. it is said to keep distance from those people.

 When it
> comes to observance of shishtAchAra (moral & ethical values),
> dharmAcharaNa, ahimsAcharaNa, shAnti, sahana etc. traditional monks from
> baudha & jain schools never drop back and lose the race with vaidika
> dharma followers.

It isn't true for all.
And so punishment was not said for all.

 The sublimity & tranquility among these sAdhu-s &
> saNyAsi-s is always an ideal for the followers of same path in other
> religions also.  bhagavan gautama buddha stands tall as an example.

Learning and praising good qualities of others is not opposed.