[Advaita-l] nAstika mata (bauddha mata) khaNDana in rAmAyaNa

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Apr 28 07:30:58 CDT 2011

Please, Read the original and see what jAbAlI was saying to shrI rAma in
108th sarga. And then you may realize that the reply of rAma was correct.
Showing too much modesty towards a person who teaches(and thus forces)
selfishness and other bad qualities is not a good thing.
There is no use of abusing persons. Testing will reveal that no one is
pure(even one who criticized). So, leave that. We all know that.
And for philosophies, we must test them to get the purest. If
bauddha-matam
teaches what jAbAlI was trying to propagate then it's bad. If not, then no
cries. So, first read original.

praNAms Sri lalitAlAlita prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I am not talking in favour of jAbAli..I am just asking the
'appropriateness' of linking the particular talk of  jAbAli with the
general dharma/teaching  of bauddha-s.  As you rightly pointed out, if the
bauddha mataM is teaching selfishness & all wickedness that jAbAli tried
to teach then it is fair enough to critisize the religion of
bauddha-s...But as far as my knowledge goes, though they (buddhists)
differ from vaidika philosophy, they dont propagate 'selfishness' etc. as
chArvAka-s do!!  Anyway, I am open for correction.

BTW, I dont have internet access, hence I said I cannot read the link :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar