[Advaita-l] nAstika mata (bauddha mata) khaNDana in rAmAyaNa

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:55:08 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 18:00, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms Sri lalitAlAlita prabhuji
> Hare Krishna
>
> I am not talking in favour of jAbAli..I am just asking the
> 'appropriateness' of linking the particular talk of  jAbAli with the
> general dharma/teaching  of bauddha-s.  As you rightly pointed out, if the
> bauddha mataM is teaching selfishness & all wickedness that jAbAli tried
> to teach then it is fair enough to critisize the religion of
> bauddha-s...But as far as my knowledge goes, though they (buddhists)
> differ from vaidika philosophy, they dont propagate 'selfishness' etc. as
> chArvAka-s do!!  Anyway, I am open for correction.

He may not have taught selfishness, but the word 'etc.' takes care of
anything opposed to veda.

> see shlokas of 108th sarga where he was saying :-
kaH kasya puruSho bandhuH.....
etc.
bauddhas teach renunciation without discrimination and jAbAlI was trying to
propagate selfishness with a nice cover of renunciation.
We have to show similarity anyhow to be able to make sense of words of
vAlmikI. He is not a person who indulges in abusing uselessly nor rAma. So,
the similarity to thieves is in some special context only. Stretching it to
every bauddha or every teaching of buddha is useless as is opposed to
pramANas.