[Advaita-l] Poor Parabrahman!

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:10:17 CDT 2011

Namaste

One scholar Prof. S. K. Ramachandra Rao was from Madhwa family but he
was very learned in Advaita.  He has written books about Sringeri
Acharyas respectfully and Adhyasa Bhashya.  He was a good Madhwa.

Some Madhwas become interested in Ramakrishna and Vivekananda.  My
wife is from Madhwa family but they are moderate. After marriage she
is living like a Smarta not doing too much Madi and fasts till sunset
on Monday.  The Madi of Madhwas is very much irritating it has no
meaning.

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
> rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Personally I am indebted to the Madhwas because in their work "Mani
>> Manjari"
>> they go to lowest depths of decency in attacking the virtues of Adi
>> Sankara.
>>

> As is quite natural, there are many Madhvas who do not approve of the
> contents of the Mani Manjari.
> They feel it is a dark chapter in their philosophy. Several Madhvas, even
> scholars, harbour a reverential
> attitude towards Shankara.  I have heard that a Madhva scholar remarked: I
> have been discoursing
> for the last over two decades on the various topics related to the Madhva
> school.  I have in the past said many things
> that are disrespectful to Shankara and Advaita. I have now come to an
> understanding that before I could say something like that
> I would think twice.
>
> Regards,
> subrahmanian.v

-Venkatesh