[Advaita-l] ChidAbhAsa and Ishvara

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 04:27:00 CDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sriram ji,
>
> The आभासः reflection of चित् Consciousness (चिदः आभासः प्रतिबिम्बः
> चिदाभासः)

In the above, the word चिदः  I think should be rendered as चितः to give the
षष्ठी.  I first thought the feminine word चित् is the same as the feminine
word उपनिषत्. Later I remembered a word चिति in the saptamI and reasoned
that since उपनिषदि is the saptamI, the two words are not the same though
feminine.  One is तकारान्त and the other is दकारान्त.

Someone may pl. correct me if I am wrong.

Sriram ji, what you said about the jiva being chidAbhaasa is correct; I did
not mention it because we were focusing on Ishwara or any other samaShThi.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v