[Advaita-l] apaurusheyatva of veda-s

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Aug 19 03:53:48 CDT 2011

On similar lines, the veda darshana.  The tattva behind the
mantra darShana is "apaursheya" which is like Gravity Force.
And the sabda heard / revealed is taken as a pramANa
because this is the only source to be taken to know the
apaursheya jnana.  And hence, the sabda pramANa is
taken here as final authority.

praNAms Sri Sriram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kindly pardon me I have changed the subject line as this thread has
nothing to do with yOga and jnAna.

Interestingly you said gravity force is apaurusheya...do you mean to say
only 'tattva' (gravitation in the above example) behind maNtra is anAdi &
apaurusheya but the wordings which are explaining that tattva (theoritical
explanation of gravitation by Newton in the above example ) is
paurusheya??  In short, what exactly we call as apaurusheya??  whether it
is ONLY  veda tattva i.e. paramArtha tattva or veda maNtra-s which is
depicting that tattva?? Sri vidya prabhuji some time back told me that
both tattva & wordings are apaurusheya...If the Rishi-s were worded that
apaurusheya tattva, then we have to say  tattva drashtAra-s or
tattvajnAni-s have composed the maNtra-s (!!??) to explain the difficulty
and means to know that tattva.  In that case maNtra is paurusheya but
maNtra tattva is aparusheya...In that case each and every jnAna/force is
aparusheya only, what is so special in saying ONLY veda-s are aparusheya
then??

Kindly pardon me, recently I have been entertaining all these doubts that
too after reading some meaningful arguments against aparusheyatva of
veda-s.  I am very eager to get rid of these doubts & would like to make a
conclusion in favour of apaurusheyatva of veda-s.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar