[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 06:54:07 CST 2011

> This discussion has gone off in multiple directions responding to all
> which will further defeat the purpose of my starting it to find out
> the specific ritual referred to in Br Up verses. I'm planning to ask a
> learned sastrigal or srautigal. But if anyone knows, please share the
> name of the ritual. It does not seem to be putra kameshti.

In all the discussion, you may have missed the fact that bRhadAraNyaka 6.4.19
itself tells you that it is an optional extension of the sthAlIpAka. I mentioned some
basic details and information about a recent book on sthAlIpAka, with about 200
photographs of sthAlIpAka from a Maharashtrian home it. See
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2011-November/029832.html
and http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2011-November/029874.html.
Vidyasankar