[Advaita-l] Fwd: vedic yajna

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 23:59:55 CST 2011

6.4.19 says that the man should offer oblations to agni, anumati, etc. in
the
morning, according to the manner prescribed for sthAlIpAka. This applies not
only to the rice + meat scenario of 6.4.18, but also to the rice +
milk/curd/water/
sesame in 6.4.14-17. The reason why this particular case involves mAMsa is
given in the 6.4.18 passage itself - it is the specific icchA of the kartA
for a son
who will become a master of four vedas, honored in society etc.

Unquote

It appears in such a case the Havyavahi Agni will have to be sent away before

non-havi items (including meat ) are offered to Agni. Will any scholar familiar

with these rituals kindly clarify the situation .

Regards,

Sunil KB