[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 22:30:06 CST 2011

Namaste Sri Sunil Bhattacharya

If the Sastra has prohibited Govadha it means the whole cow species.
They will not separately say cows, calves and Bulls. All animals in
cow species are included. Bulls are needed to increase the cow
population. Without Bulls the cows will not become pregnant and give
birth to calves and  give milk to us. This is why the two most
important Gods of Hinduism Krishna and Siva have adopted the cow and
Bull. Cow is the symbol of Krishna and Bull of Siva. In Krishna temple
they will honour cows. In Siva temples there is always Nandi idol in
front. In Smrutis they have said Cow is the mother of all human beings
and Bull is the father.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Sunil Bhattacharjya
<sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Namaste,
>
> Is this not for she-cows only and not for the he-cows?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sunil KB

-Venkatesh