[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 03:45:44 CST 2011

Namaste

I feel good Sri Sastri has given the opinion 'Cow cannot be killed'.
It will silence the Beef Appreciation Group we have here.  What is he
saying about Sankara Bhashya 6-4-18 on Uksha and Rishabha? It is
definitely relevant for this list because it is for discussing Sankara
Bhashyas. The moderators can take a decision.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/9/11, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> valve. It is like the spoken word; once uttered, it cannot be unspoken. We
>> do not censor, so we cannot remove any post from the list.
>>
>> So, Rajaram, having started the thread, and having seen the diversity of
>> opinion among list-members, the best recourse would be this. Please type
>> up a summary of what you have learnt from the learned and traditionally
>> trained Sastri on this issue and post it, either to the list or by private
>> email
>> to those who participated in this discussion thread. I would suggest that
>> before sending it out, run it by Sri Mani Dravid Sastri , to ensure that
>> what
>> gets put down in writing accurately represents his thinking.
>>
>> Vidyasankar
>
> RV: I understand the administrative constraint. The lesson learnt is
> one has to be extremely careful about what is written as much as what
> is spoken.
>
> The essential conclusion of discussion with Shri Mani Dravid Sastrigal
> that I can share is "Cow cannot be killed". For details on each point
> raised here, I request the interested members to contact him directly.
> He is available in person, over e-mail and phone.

-Venkatesh