[Advaita-l] Query regarding the birthplace of Bhaskararaya

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:54:01 CST 2011

On 12 December 2011 12:49, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

> He is said to have had two wives, one from the mAdhva sect and other a
>> smArta from a Thanjavur.
>>

>  I think you are confusing that story with Appaya Dikshita.

Well, this is what I remember having gathered from at least 3 sources. In
fact, even the names were mentioned. One was pArvati, the daughter of a
mAdhva scholar who was defeated in debate by bhAskararAya, and the other
was Anandavallii or Anandii from Thanjavur.

These sources may well be wrong, but it is not a confusion with Appayya
Dikshita.