[Advaita-l] dhanurmAsa & satyanarAyaNa vrataM

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Dec 14 04:46:04 CST 2011

Namaste,

I couldn't understand the question.  What is the relation between
dhanurmAsa and sathyanArAyaNa vrata?

This vrata is observed by every smArta and dhanurmAsam (i presume tiruppAvai)
is observed by srivaishNava.

Generally, sathyanArAyaNa vrata should be performed in the evening and the
grihastha should observe fast since morning.  The kalasa sthApana should be
done in the evening only.

Now-a-days (don't know who started this), this is observed in the mornings.

But, if one is worried about sweet pongal, vadai & dadhyOjanaM during
dhanurmAsam, they can relish the same after morning sathyanArAyaNa pUja :))

We at our home don't observe dhanurmAsam ritual.  So, i don't know much
about this.

regs,
sriram