[Advaita-l] Query regarding the birthplace of Bhaskararaya

vadhula at yahoo.com vadhula at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 08:30:30 CST 2011

We Also recite protection from snakes, invoking Astika's name, nephew of Takshska, during sandhyAvandana in NE direction.

I have heard of Sourashtran Brahmins of TN. Unlike Gujarati Brahmins, many are non veg and are into silk weaving. Paradoxical ? Perhaps Jaldhar Vyas can comment. They do undergo upanayana and many have taken Iyer surname.

Ravi Chandrasekhara

Sent from my iPhone