[Advaita-l] ADMIN: Reaffirming this list's focus

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 01:53:38 CST 2011

namaste,

>  Whereas tAntrik rituals and text book on these rituals have not been
>considered as pramANa for the advaita >vedAnta  discussion.

AchArya's prapa~nchasAra : Is it shruti, smR^iti or purANa?
In shankara's(what is our list? :-)) lalitA trishatI bhAShya we have a quote
from the bhuvaneshvarI kalpa which apparaently does not belong to the category
of shruti smriti purana

>smruti-s, purANa-s and itihasa-s have been considered as  pramANa granTha-s in
>the advaita vedAnta >tradition.

The purANa-s have lots of material lifted from the tantra-s sometimes without
even a change in the shlokas.

Furthermore, you are aware that the nirNaya sindhu which you probably know is a
comprehensive work on dharma shAstra quotes freely from the tantra-s like
rudrayAmala and other ancient tAntrika works along various smriti-s & purANa-s?

Or why not think about the statement in the devI bhAgavata where it clearly says
that some tantra-s can be adopted?