[Advaita-l] Adhyaropa-Apavada Nyaya.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 01:58:54 CST 2011

PraNAms to all

The process of adhyaaropa-apavaada is adopted by the Upanishad in the Tai. Up. in discarding each kosha at a time, starting with annamaya kosha. First it is taken as aatmaa and then later rejected to go to the next, as the teacher as though taking the student step by step, in rejecting subtler and subtler koshas as the grosser ones are rejected apavaada in arriving at the next one.
The process is well defined but the technical word might have coined later for the methodical procedure adopted.

Hari Om!
Sadananda