[Advaita-l] Tantric Acts

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:10:32 CST 2011

I would like to remind members that till Svetaketu prohibited it, an athidhi
(guest)
was given not only food but the householder's wife for the night. It was one
of the
duties enjoined on the householders.

In Mahabharata we hear that Agni (Fire God) exempting women of
one city from the sin promiscuity. Some countries were known for their loose
morals.
But they were still in the hindu fold.

Hindu society has evolved through different stages. Dharma is not static. It
depends
location (country), time (epoch) and deha dharma(bodily health).

As far as tantric practices are concerned I would like remind members the
admonition
of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa to Swami Vivekananda "That there can be back
doors
to a house".

regards,
Sarma.