[Advaita-l] Tantric Acts

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:10:40 CST 2011

My point is not against Tantra. Even in daily Puja we show Mudras to
deity. This is from Tantras only. Right? There are Dharma Aviruddha
things  and they can be accepted. The Dharma Viruddha things cannot
be.

The other point is not wasting seed. This is from Mahabharata -

'And excited by the fragrance of the season and the charming
odours of the flowers around, and excited also by the delicious breeze,
the king could not keep his mind away from the thought of the beautiful
Girika. And beholding that a swift hawk was resting very near to him, the
king, acquainted with the subtle truths of Dharma and Artha, went unto
him and said, 'Amiable one, carry thou this seed (semen) for my wife
Girika and give it unto her. Her season hath arrived.'

http://ia700208.us.archive.org/12/items/themahabharataof15474gut/15474.txt

King Vasu gave the seed to the bird. He did not want to waste it.  The
point I tried to make before is if a man does a unnatural act he will
waste his seed. This is wrong and he must  place it in a womb only.

Regards

-Venkatesh