[Advaita-l] Advaitic foods

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:19:14 CST 2011

Onions and garlic are not Sattvika foods.  It is equally important to
have food prepared and served by Sattvika persons.  If you drink milk
from a bad person and say it is Sattvika food you are wrong.  If you
drink milk   served by Sudras Mlecchas and others it is bad. If even a
Brahmin serves it but he is not following his Dharma it is bad to
accept food from him.  If you eat in a hotel it is bad because some
unknown persons prepare it.  We must ensure food is prepared in
Sattvika way and served with respect. The person when preparing food
must have good thoughts otherwise it becomes poison to eat.  When you
go out of station eat in a Matha not hotel. If not possible cook your
own food and eat. One of my friend frequently goes on trips. He will
cook for himself always.  Some  orthodox Brahmins eat only food cooked
by mother or wife.  Avoid Paranna Bhojana.

Regards

-Venkatesh