[Advaita-l] World Muslim Population Doubling

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:28:08 CST 2011

So, r u saying only Hindu Brahmins protect dharma? And Muslims don't? And
then again, does quantity help your cause? Or do you care about quality
here? And lastly, did u read the full article? It says:

*"The increase in the last 20 years is greater than what we expect in the
next 20 years," he said. Muslim population growth "is a line that's
flattening out. They're increasing, but they're getting closer to the norm,
the average."*
*In other words, Muslims are coming into line with global trends toward
fewer children per woman and an aging population. But, the report points
out, because of the existing Muslim "youth bulge," or unusually high
percentage of young people, Muslim population growth has a certain momentum
that will take decades to come into line with world averages - if it ever
does"*

You are likely to jump at the last line, above. But I'm optimistic in that
"if it ever does" will certainly happen as it becomes blatantly  evident
that the earth has only limited resources and can't sustain such large
populations..

In closing, it would be amazing for me to find that Muslim's make babies
just to spread their religion. I have Muslim friends, none of who have more
than 2 children. And as far as I know, most Muslims in India with large
families are those at the bottom of the economic & education scale. It would
be more effective to control their population by giving them education &
jobs rather than crying murder about their population increasing!

Best, Mahesh