[Advaita-l] Modern science and Vedanta

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 01:04:21 CDT 2011

I wonder if excessive fascination with the concept of "Individual moksha" might have resulted in citizens becoming more selfish. Like everyone whats "ghee" on their chapati only.  What needs to be practiced is "samaajika moksha" for the betterment of the common good of the society when it come to hygiene & corruption   This is where present maThadhipati" seeds to step-in and educate the masses.  They seem to be only interested in gracing various occasions and "paadya puujaa".  I have not seen any efforts from these aacharyaa's to teach practicing "UNITY".  Do all the acharya's of various maTha have a united front of any of the issues, even interpretation of various scriptures? Some of the inner circles tell me that they do not want to come together with others (other maThadhipatii's) for the fear unnecessary confrontation with each other. May be I heard it or understood it wrong but I do not see and efforts from all to come together and resolve any
 pending issues?
Mr.Yady mohrir
It is not individual fascination or "Individual moksha'that led to selfishness,but as i have said leaving one's "Dharma'which has resulted to this.The sanatana Dharma taught and practiced by ancient sages was,"satyam vada,dharmam chara',but after the British rule
the people particularly the politicians became more treacherous.it is not the "sanyasa"which became bad but falling into wrong hands.I am not against science if it could help our country,but science and Technology has become monopoly of a few,particularly the politicians of our country who are enjoying the fruits of the labour of common men.
Adi shankara never started the Panchayatana puja to unify the country,much less the mutts as they are today.This has been contested by the  HH Holenarsipur Swamiji,Sri Sri Sachidanandendra Saraswatiji.Moreover,one has to try for individual Moksha only.It requires certain prerequisites and merits.Not all can strive for individual moksha.It requires certain quality and sadhana.Samajika moksha is out of question.
N.Srikanta.