[Advaita-l] Bhakti in Advaita Tradition

Ramanan Subramanian ramanan82 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 21:54:34 CDT 2011

> I have a doubt regarding this: In 9.25, Shankara expands Lord Krishna's
> words "yAnti madyAjinaH api mAm" as: "yAnti madyAjinaH madyAjinaH
> madyajanashiilAH *vaiShNavAH* " (my devotees,  In what sense is the plural
> term "vaiShNavAH" used? Only those who have the diikShA?

I had mistyped the stuff in the brackets above (didn't complete it). Please
read the above line as: I have a doubt regarding this: In 9.25, Shankara
expands Lord Krishna's words "yAnti madyAjinaH api mAm" as: "yAnti
madyAjinaH madyAjinaH madyajanashiilAH *vaiShNavAH* " (my devotees, those
who worship me, the Vaishnavas). In what sense is the plural term
"vaiShNavAH" used? Only those who have the diikShA?